RE: Exposing the Law Firms and Banks in the DOCX Scheme (and then the many others)
Posted by Foreclosure Fraud on April 10, 2011 ·
After the 60 Minutes Segment on Foreclosure Fraud on April 3, 2011, I was contacted by over 2,000 individuals, seeking help or wanting to help.
FOR ALL THOSE WHO WANT TO HELP RESEARCH THE DOCX FORGERY SCHEME:
1. Search the official records of your county and find all the Mortgage Assignments filed by Docx in 2009. Search by bank: Deutsche Bank, Bank of NY Mellon, U.S. Bank, HSBC, Wells Fargo, etc.
These are very recognizable. On each form, in the left hand corner, there is a statement that the Assignment was prepared by Docx in Alpharetta, GA.
For examples, click on the word PLEADINGS on the Home Page of www.frauddigest.com (my online magazine) then click on the second entry 10 Versions of Linda Green signatures on mortgage documents.
Print each example you find in your county Official Records. Identify and circle the name of the borrorwer/homeowner on each record.
2. Go Back to the Official Records. Search the name of each homeowner on the Docx Assignments for Lis Pendens.
Print the Lis Pendens that corresponds to the Assignment and staple these together.
Note that there will not be a Lis Pendens for every Assignment many homeowners will have already handed over the keys or agreed to a short sale to avoid litigation.
3. Sort by Law Firm Preparing the Lis Pendens.
In Florida, for example, the firms using these Assignments will include Law Offices of David Stern, Law Offices of Marshall Watson, Shapiro & Fishman, Florida Default Law Group, Law Offices of Daniel Consuegra, Akerman & Senterfitt, Gladstone Law Group and many others.
These are the firms that continued to use the forged documents, never “noticing” that:
(1) the signatures varied so significantly that forgeries were likely;
(2) the same individuals used so many different job titles that the validity was unlikely;
(3) the dates of the Assignments indicated a fraudulent document because the Assignments came after the Lis Pendens.
4. Compile a report of these findings LAW FIRMS USING FORGED AND FABRICATED DOCUMENTS TO FORECLOSE.
State plainly which law firms used these documents and attach the documents supporting your conclusions.
5. Send your reports to the following:
(1) your local State Attorney;
(2) the Disciplinary Committee of the Bar Association in your state;
(3) the FBI/attention: Mortgage Fraud Taskforce;
(4) the U.S. Attorney for your district;
(5) the Attorney General for your state;
(6) your country recorder;
(7) your area newspaper/television investigative reporter.
6. You may also sort by the BANK that used these fraudulent documents to take homes, and include that information in your reports.
Please send a .pdf file of your letter (without attachments) to email@example.com.
If you are very ambitious, you may also add the face value of all of the Docx Assignments you locate so that you can report the total amount that banks took or tried to take using these forged and fabricated documents in 2009.
WHEN WE ALL COMPLETE THIS PROJECT, WE WILL MOVE ON TO FORGED AND FABRICATED ASSIGNMENTS PREPARED BY LAW FIRMS (such as David Stern in Florida and Baum in NY) AND OTHER SERVICERS.
Thank you for joining this effort.
LYNN E. SZYMONIAK